Read the facts
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion: the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance"
Addendum for web site, July 2005. Although this book was published in 1991 the essentials remain unchanged. The costs of treatment being banded about soon after publication were in the $300 to $400 million bracket.
New Sections and links, April 2007
- ADVERSE IMPACTS OF BUILDING SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANTS
- Copy of letter to the CRD urging them to appeal to the hon. Barry Penner to re-examine the evidence on which he based his treatment order.
- Who knows what
- How nature works & basic treatment principles.
- A little general history
- How sewerage systems work
- A little local history
- How Victoria's long outfalls work
- Criteria and the problem
- Biological Oceanography
- The Liquid Waste Management Plan
- Disbenefits of land-based treatment